Please DO NOT rely on GPS or Google Maps to take an alternate route to Spruce Wilderness Lodge. Many of the routes given by GPS appear shorter/more direct when in fact they are not passable by vehicle or simply do not exist any longer. Please follow the directions below.
How to get to Spruce Wilderness Lodge
Directions from Highway #5
- Travel on HWY 5 approximately 14km North of Barriere, (14-15 km South of Little Fort).
- On the West side of HWY #5 is Rainer Custom Cutting. This is the Darlington Creek Forest Service Road.
- Follow Darlington Creek FSR for 16km and turn left which is clearly marked the Powder Lake Forest Service Road.
- Continue on the Powder Lake FSR for 13km until you reach the Jamieson Creek FSR at km 49.
- Turn right on the Jamieson Creek FSR and Drive to km 55.
- Just after the km 55 marker turn right on the Bonaparte Hills FSR. and drive 2.5 km to the Resort entrance on the left.
Directions via Jamieson Creek Forest Service Road (Westsyde, Kamloops)
- Take the Hwy 5 North exit #374 Jasper
- On Hwy 5 turn left on the Halston Connector/Paul Lake Rd
- Stay to the Right and follow the signs to Westsyde Rd
- Turn right on Westsyde Rd (North) for 21 KM
- At 20.5 KM there is a sign for logging trucks entering the roadway
- 60 meters after the sign is the entrance for the Jamieson Forest Service Rd on the left side take this road (You will see our Spruce Wilderness Lodge sign)
- At 28.9 KM on Jamieson go straight up the hill
- Part way up the hill you will see the 30 KM marker
- At 36 KM stay to the right
- 48.6 KM stay to the left
- 51 KM stay to the Right
- 55 KM turn right onto Bonaparte Hills Forestry Rd
- Follow this for 2.5 km to the Resort entrance on the left
Click here to vew map